Globe Theatre

Globe Theatre

Monday 2 February 2015

London Theatre Bloggers event

Last Friday I attended an event for London theatre bloggers (#LDNTheatreBloggers) organised by the vivacious Rebecca Felgate of Official Theatre, after having been kindly invited by Michaela of my stage is the world.

The event took place upstairs at Planet Hollywood and was co-hosted by Seat Plan, the 'definitive seating guide to London theatres'. 

Being my introverted, teetotal, slightly-deaf-in-a-noisy-room self, I was somewhat nervous about the prospect of spending several hours in a noisy room with a group of (probably mostly extroverted) strangers. However, I enjoyed myself. It was really good to be able to talk about theatre shows with people who had seen the same show (even on the same day, in some cases!). The food - sausages on sticks, mini hamburgers, potato wedges, pizza - was lovely. I particularly enjoyed talking to Laura of Loitering in the Theatre, whom, it turned out, shares my alma mater. 

4 comments:

  1. *waves* Hello! Was great to meet you on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thanks for your comment. Your blog is very impressive - you certainly go to the theatre A LOT! I intended to go more this year but it hasn't worked out that way yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY Alice!

    The “Vivacious” and slightly insane Rebecca here! Thanks so much for writing about the event! I hope, as it seems from your blog post, that you enjoyed yourself! I am glad you also had a similar level of deep appreciation for a mini cheeseburger as I do. And OH GOD THE CHICKEN DIPPERS. I will remember them forever more!

    I see you went to see Sunny Afternoon recently, I am so glad you enjoyed it! Fellow theatre blogger, “The Theatre Tourist” has seen it LOADS and her friend Debbie Gilpin has seen it 50 times, which is crazy! Will you be returning? I love the music of the Kinks but literally can’t imagine seeing any show more than like 3 times!

    Anyway, I hope to see you at another London Theatre Bloggers event soon! Keep me posted on your blog developments!

    It was lovely to meet you!

    Rebecca Felgate
    Editor – OfficialTheatre.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca,

      Thanks for your comment! Yes, I did enjoy myself and loved all the food. I think the sausages were my favourites.

      I enjoyed your interview with the Sunny Afternoon cast! I don't think I would want to see it 50 times, but wouldn't say no to seeing it again.

      I will definitely put my name down for one of the free show viewings you organise soon. I know I haven't been very prolific this year blogging-wise, to say the least!

      Lovely to meet you, too!

      Alice

      Delete